Microsoft Windows 10 and Apple MAC OS Platforms Compatibility with Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) and Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC)
- 21 Jul 2021
This article provides the compatibility matrix for Windows 10 and MAC operating systems of Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) and Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC).
This article will be updated as soon as new information has been provided.DETAILSNote that these are the minimum versions of the products to officially add support; however, customers are encouraged to visit the Download Center to make sure they have the latest version available or visit the Online Help Center for more information.
New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365
We are quickly approaching the November 1st deadline when the minimum version requirements for connecting Outlook for Windows to Office 365/Microsoft 365 services will change. So, we thought we’d share more information on why we’re doing that.
After November 1, 2021, only Outlook 2013 Service Pack 1 (with latest fixes) and later will be able to connect to Microsoft 365 services. It’s worth noting here that Outlook 2007, 2010, and Office 2013 versions earlier than 15.0.4971.1000 aren’t supported now, but we know some customers just can’t quit them.
The deadline is approaching!
Since our Message Center post last fall, we’ve seen a drop in the usage of the unsupported versions of Outlook for Windows – great job! If you’re still running older versions, please start working on a plan to move by November 1st.
Our Customer Support team is actively reaching out to tenants that have the most usage on Outlook 2007 and 2010 to help them meet the deadline. If you have questions or concerns about getting all users off these unsupported builds, please reach out to your support teams.
Why are we blocking old versions?
Older versions of Outlook such as Outlook 2007 and 2010 are incompatible with the following upcoming service changes, which is prompting this controlled block:
- Support for basic authentication is ending to increase the security of Microsoft 365 by relying on modern authentication protocols, which are not only more secure, but also provide compliance and policy controls to help you manage your data.
- We’re working on adding support for HTTP/2 in Microsoft 365. HTTP/2 is a full duplex protocol, which decreases latency through header compression and request multiplexing. On the service side, we’ll be able to better prioritize requests and more effectively push data to clients.
It can be a challenge to stay current, but there are many reasons why staying current is a good idea:
- Security fixes will protect your devices against known vulnerabilities.
- Reliability – over the last five years we’ve eliminated 75% of crashes in Outlook!
- Updated versions have all the coolest new features to make your life easier!
- For Office 2007 and 2010, use the roadmaps listed below to move to Microsoft 365 Apps. If your organization is highly regulated or uses devices that can’t take updates, consider Office 2019
- For Office 2013, move to Version 15.0.4971.1000 of Office 2013 (Service Pack 1 with the October 2017 Update)
- For Office 2016, move to Version 16.0.4600.1000 of Office 2016 (With the November 2017 Update, KB 4051890)
- Office 2007 end of support roadmap
- Office 2010 end of support roadmap
- Office versions and connectivity to Office 365 Services (See section specific to Outlook for Windows)
- Deployment guide for Microsoft 365 Apps
August 19, 2021
New pricing for Microsoft 365
By Jared Spataro, Corporate Vice President for Microsoft 365Share
Today we are announcing changes to our commercial pricing for Microsoft 365—the first substantive pricing update since we launched Office 365 a decade ago. This updated pricing reflects the increased value we have delivered to our customers over the past 10 years. Let’s take a look at some of the innovations we’ve delivered over the past decade in three key areas—communications and collaboration, security and compliance, and AI and automation—as well as the addition of audio conferencing capabilities that we’re announcing today.
A decade of continuous innovation
Since its launch a decade ago, Office 365 has grown to over 300 million commercial paid seats. Along the way, we have continuously re-invested to meet the changing needs of our customers. Four years ago, we introduced Microsoft 365 to bring together the best of Office, Windows, and Enterprise Mobility and Security (EMS). That same year we added Microsoft Teams as the only integrated solution where you can meet, chat, call, collaborate, and automate business processes—right in the flow of work.
In fact, since introducing Microsoft 365 we have added 24 apps1 to the suites—Microsoft Teams, Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate, Stream, Planner, Visio, OneDrive, Yammer, and Whiteboard—and have released over 1,400 new features and capabilities in three key areas.
1. Communication and collaboration. Microsoft Teams is the new front end across work, life, and learning for more than 250 million monthly active users. We launched Teams in 2017 as the only integrated solution where you can meet, chat, call, collaborate, and automate business processes—with the power of the Office apps—all within the flow of work. In 2020 alone we released over 300 new capabilities including Together mode, background effects, large gallery view, raise hand, live reactions, breakout rooms, live captions with speaker attribution, and Fluid components, just to name a few.
We introduced a new category of collaborative applications in Teams, empowering people and organizations for hybrid work through deep integrations with Power Platform, Whiteboard, Lists, Planner, Shifts, Forms, and SharePoint. Companies like Adobe, Atlassian, Salesforce, SAP, ServiceNow, and Workday have built apps that deeply integrate with Teams, bringing business processes and functions directly into the flow of work.
We continue to innovate on both real-time and asynchronous collaboration. We introduced real-time collaboration in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint desktop apps while a growing set of capabilities like @mentions, assign tasks, modern comments, and auto-save have streamlined the collaboration experience. We’ve added and expanded OneDrive cloud storage and the Exchange Online mailboxes.
2. Security and compliance. The cybersecurity landscape is more complex than ever. With the accelerating volume, sophistication, and scale of cyberattacks, security and compliance are a priority for every organization. Since we first introduced Microsoft 365, we have added new attack surface reduction capabilities to help organizations defend against ransomware and other threats. We have added capabilities like data loss prevention (DLP) for email and documents, sensitivity labels, and message encryption to help keep important data within the organization. And we have added powerful compliance capabilities that help organizations reduce risk and respond to increasing regulatory requirements such as Content Search, eDiscovery, and core Litigation Hold. Built-in mobile device management (MDM) and other management tools like Microsoft Endpoint Manager help admins support remote and hybrid workforces.
3. AI and automation. Over the past decade, we have infused AI capabilities across our productivity and collaboration applications to help everyone achieve more. Across Microsoft 365, we have introduced AI-powered innovations to help users be better writers, designers, and presenters. Cloud-powered AI now automatically creates maps, charts, and tables in Excel, and sorts email and removes clutter in Outlook. And AI-powered real-time translation, captions, and transcription make collaboration and communication more accessible and engaging for everyone.
Extending audio conferencing capabilities
And today, we are announcing that we will add unlimited dial-in capabilities for Microsoft Teams meetings across our enterprise, business, frontline, and government suites over the next few months. Even as cloud connectivity increases, we know that people join Teams meetings while they are on the go or struggling with a bad internet connection. Currently included with Microsoft 365 E5 and Office 365 E5, we have come to see dial-in as an important part of the complete Teams experience. Available with subscription in over 70 countries and with interactive support in 44 languages and dialects, unlimited dial-in provides peace of mind that users will be able to join their Microsoft Teams meeting from virtually any device regardless of location.
The pricing changes we are announcing today will go into effect in six months. On March 1, 2022, we will update our list pricing for the following commercial products: Microsoft 365 Business Basic (from $5 to $6 per user), Microsoft 365 Business Premium (from $20 to $22), Office 365 E1 (from $8 to $10), Office 365 E3 (from $20 to $23), Office 365 E5 (from $35 to $38), and Microsoft 365 E3 (from $32 to $36). These increases will apply globally with local market adjustments for certain regions. There are no changes to pricing for education and consumer products at this time.
As leaders around the world look to empower their people for a more flexible, hybrid world of work, it’s clear that every organization will need a new operating model across people, places, and processes. We’re committed to building on the value we’ve delivered over the past decade to continuously provide innovation that helps our customers succeed and thrive today and well into the future.
1At launch in June 2011, Office 365 included Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lync, Exchange, and InfoPath. We’ve since expanded to add other apps – in whole or in part – and entirely new capabilities including: Access, Bookings, Delve, Forms, GroupMe, Kaizala, Lens, Lists, OneDrive, OneNote Class Notebook, Planner, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Publisher, SharePoint, Staff Hub, Stream, Sway, Teams, To-Do, Visio, Whiteboard, and Yammer.
The NVIDIA RTX™ A2000 brings the power of NVIDIA RTX technology, real-time ray tracing, AI-accelerated compute, and high-performance graphics to more professionals. Built on the NVIDIA Ampere architecture, the VR ready RTX A2000 combines 26 second-generation RT Cores, 104 third-generation Tensor Cores, and 3,328 next-generation CUDA® cores and 6GB of GDDR6 graphics memory with error correction code (ECC) support for error free computing. The RTX A2000 features a power-efficient low profile, dual-slot PCIe form factor that fits into a wide range of small form factor workstations. Design bigger, render faster, and work smarter than ever before with the RTX A2000.
The NVIDIA RTX™ A4000 is the most powerful single-slot GPU for
professionals, delivering real-time ray tracing, AI-accelerated compute, and high-performance graphics to your desktop. Built on the NVIDIA Ampere architecture, the RTX A4000 combines 48 second-generation RT Cores, 192 third-generation Tensor Cores, and 6,144 CUDA® cores with 16 GB of graphics memory with error-correction code (ECC) so you can innovate with uncompromised computing accuracy and reliability. The RTX A4000 also features a power-efficient, single-slot PCIe form factor that fits into a wide range of workstation chassis, so you can do exceptional work without limits.
Get premium protection
Today’s business environment is challenging and confusing. Protecting your data shouldn’t be. That’s why Arcserve is offering UDP Community Edition – for FREE.
With UDP Community Edition, you gain access to Premium Edition* capabilities of UDP and can protect an unlimited number of workloads – up to 1 TB total.
Back up data from almost any source—Windows or Linux machines, virtual machines (VMware or Hyper-V), cloud instances, NAS, Microsoft Office 365, Exchange and SharePoint (online or on-premises)—with one unified data protection solution.
Pay nothing, get a lot
Download the software and start protecting your data today. UDP Community Edition gives you almost all the capabilities of our Premium Edition* for free. Here are just some of the benefits of this powerful unified data protection software:
One application, many types of workloads
Unlike competitive systems that require you to download multiple programs to protect different types of workloads—one program for virtual machines, another for Microsoft Office 365 data, another for NAS data, another for AWS data, another for Azure—or limit the number of workloads you can protect for free, UDP Community Edition empowers you do it all with one tool – with up to 1 TB of data protected on-premises for free.
Complete backup with advanced security
Safeguard cloud, virtual, physical, hyperconverged, and SaaS-based workloads with block-level, infinite incremental backups and agentless backup for VMware and Hyper-V. Safeguard data in-flight and at rest with built-in AES/SSL encryption, and ensure security with role-based administration.
Recover faster with instant VM and bare metal recovery (BMR), local and remote virtual standby, application-consistent backup and granular restore, and hardware snapshot support.
Easy management with robust reporting
Quickly deploy and orchestrate all capabilities with one web-based UI and policy-based management. Automated DR testing and SLA reporting keeps stakeholders informed.
*UDP Community Edition does not include full tape Arcserve Backup support available in the full Premium Edition.
Starting from March 29, 2021, all Nebula customers will be updated to our new per-device licensing model as our co-termination licensing model will sadly come to an end.Why the change?
- Simplification is by far the main driver in the change, after receiving a lot of feedback from partners and clients. We have decided to evolve the licensing to become much simpler to understand and manage. The change to per-device licensing allows IT teams to maintain various expiration dates across devices, sites or organizations. Each Organisation can have a single shared expiration which will be manageable through our new Circle licence management platform for channel partners (supporting Nebula later this year).
Additionally, Nebula Control Center (NCC) Pro Pack licenses will move to flat rate pricing across all product types, making it much simpler for purchasing, managing and renewing.
- Unification is another factor for our ever evolving platform. As we begin to advance and bring in more sophisticated devices like the USG FLEX series into Nebula, we need to maintain a simple migration path between on-premise (traditional deployments) and our cloud platform. These changes will ensure that we bring a consistent, unified approach to the customer experience both in platform and licensing.
- Improved Packs This update will also introduce a new Plus Pack that includes a subset of the most commonly requested features for administering sites (from the current Pro Pack) at a much more affordable flat rate price (per device). We will also launch the Managed Service Provider (MSP) Pack that will facilitate cross-org management and help elevate the manageability in Nebula for MSP customers.
What are the changes?
- Co-termination Licensing (Point based)Effects Product/sWhat will be changed & HowTakes EffectAll Existing Co-termination (Point Based Licensing) which includes:
- Annual NCC Pro Pack & NCC Pro Pack Points
- Annual NSS Security Pack & NSS Security Pack Points
If you hold a key that has not been activated after the 30th March and before the December 31st 2021 it can be exchanged for a new per-device license. Please contact your local Zyxel team for more information.March 29, 2021
- Management & Analytics License/ServiceEffects Product/sWhat will be changedHowNebula Base Pack (Free)
- The device data and network activity history will be re-adjusted to 24-hour data
- The Nebula Cloud Authentication Server Users will be re-adjusted to 50 entries
- Introduction of cloud-saving mode: NCC will automatically deactivate the collection of the traffic stats (except for the device’s event log for troubleshooting) for users who have not logged in over 30 days.
The organisation will be converted to the least compatible Pack, most of the time (Free) Base Pack, after 15-day grace period (license expired) or fixing window (problematic license added) if there are not enough licenses to accommodate the same pack
For example all device in a Pro Pack must all have a valid Per-device Pro Pack license to maintain Pro Pack features.Nebula Plus Pack (NEW)
- A new NCC feature set/service that will sit between Base Pack (Free) and Pro Pack
- Standardisation on Pricing with single part code (SKU) across all product types which includes: Wireless Access Points, Network Switches and Security Gateways.
- Product Feature set will remain the same/improved as more features are added.
- End-of-Sale from March 29, 2021
- All devices registered with LLL will become Pro Pack but with no expiration date (keeping Lifetime status).
- Organisation with LLL will become Pro Pack allowing you to add additional Pro Pack Per-device licensing should you need to expand with more devices.
- NEW Additional management service for Managed Service Providers (MSPs)Effects Product/sWhat will be changedHowNebula MSP Pack (NEW)
- New license for NCC with new feature set – License is per user account rather than per-device and is to be used in conjunction with existing Packs (Base/Plus/Pro)
- Allows for cross-ORG management features; including existing MSP Portal (from Base Pack), MSP branding (from Pro Pack) and new up-and-coming features such as Admins and teams management, Cross-organizational synchronization and more to come.
Please contact your local Zyxel team for more information.
- Security License/Service (NSG Series)Effects Product/sWhat will be changedHowNebula Security Services (NSS) Security Pack
- No changes to services – the service will change from points based to per-device licensing.
- NSS-SP 2/4 Year License are no longer available.
- NEW Security License/Service (USG FLEX series)Effects Product/sWhat will be changedHowUTM Security Pack on Nebula (NEW)Introduction of new security service for USG Flex hardware supporting:
- Analytics, Reporting & Response
- Security Profile Synchronization
Introduction of new licensed service along with the support for USG FLEX hardware within Nebula.
With many more features to be added later in the year.Secure WiFi on Nebula (NEW)Introduction of new service for selected Wireless Access Points (AP) to support a direct tunnel from AP to a remote USG FLEX Gateway.
Supporting a simplified approach to extending your office environment to end point users in remote or WFH environments.
Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP) kombiniert branchenerprobte Disaster Recovery-, Backup- und echte globale Deduplizierungstechnologien zu einer All-in-One-Lösung, die alle Datenschutzfunktionen bietet, die Unternehmen benötigen. Mit einer wirklich universellen Lizenzierung ermöglicht Arcserve UDP den Schutz ganzer IT-Umgebungen ohne versteckte
Kosten oder Überraschungen.
Was das für Sie bedeutet:
- Einfach und schnell Angebote für Ihre Kunden erstellen
- Erhältlich als Standard, Advanced und Premium-Edition
- Senken Sie die IT-Kosten Ihrer Kunden mit einem der wettbewerbsfähigsten Preismodelle der Branche mit nur 9 SKUs
Vorteile für Ihre Kunden:
- Arcserve UDP Universal Licensing ist ein Abonnement für die geschützten Daten, basierend auf Front-End-Terabyte.
- Es umfasst den Schutz aller Daten aus jeder Quelle – einschließlich einer unbegrenzten Anzahl physischer Server und Workstations, virtueller Server mit agentenloser und agentenbasierter Sicherung, Cloud-Instanzen und VMs, Office 365-,
NAS- und SAN-Geräten und aller anderen von Arcserve UDP unterstützten Datenquellen.
- Die Lizenzierung umfasst auch unbegrenzte Aufbewahrung, uneingeschränkte Wiederherstellungen, das Kopieren von Sicherungen an sekundäre Speicherorte oder öffentliche Clouds für die Notfallwiederherstellung.