Support schedule for UFM device on ESXi 6.5
Due to some issues with UFM devices and performing the necessary certification tests, a use of 8GB and
4GB UFM device with ESXi 6.5 is currently not supported. In addition, upgrading from previous versions to
ESXi 6.5 and clean installation with Custom Image 6.5 are not supported and should not be performed.
Therefore, a current image with 8GB UFM and ESXi 6.0 version is available within SystemArchitect.
– VMware enhanced the USB driver in ESXi 6.5 and changed its design in order to check 8GB UFM
device more strictly.
– Since 4GB UFM is not affected by this design change, we are focusing on 4GB UFM being ready by
getting the certification as soon as possible.
For customers who would like to use ESXi 6.5, please offer HDD/SSD instead of UFM devices.
Release and support schedule:
Current release and support schedule are as follows;
– Orderable with ESXi 6.5 preinstalled UFM : Middle of April 2017
– Support for upgrading from previous ESXi version/Clean installation: Middle of April 2017
– Support for upgrading from previous ESXi version/Clean installation: 15th February 2017